Equality & Diversity Policy
Sam Stafford Ltd aims to promote the benefits of diversity and as an organisation are wholly committed to equal opportunities. We seek to develop a culture internally that reflects that belief and externally strive to assist our clients to achieve their own diversity targets.
We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of any Protected Characteristic (PC) including sex; race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin); religion or belief; age; disability; marital status and civil partnership; sexual orientation; gender reassignment; pregnancy and maternity.
Our policy covers vacancy advertising, recruitment and selection, training, promotion and conditions of service and is compliant with the following legislation:
- The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
- The Local Government Act 1988 and 1999.
- Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Act (SENDA) 2001.
- Racial & Religious Hatred Act 2006.
- The Work & Families Act 2006.
- Equality Act 2010.
We aim to draw upon the widest possible range of views and experiences in order to meet the changing needs of our staff, clients, partners and candidates.
We seek to promote diversity and to respond to the needs of all individuals in a fair and equitable manner, whilst observing our commitment and responsibility to current legislation.
To achieve this, we will:
- Fulfil our social responsibility towards our employees, candidates and the communities in which we operate.
- Recognise all of our legal obligations with particular reference to those acts and directives detailed previously.
- Make all opportunities (including advertising, interview and selection processes, promotion and training) as accessible as possible to under-represented groups.
- Conduct monitoring and to ensure processes are fair, equitable and accessible and to identify any significant under-representation.
- Recruit, train and promote the best person for the job and to make full use of the talents and resources of all our employees.
- Create a working environment free from unlawful discrimination, victimisation and harassment in which all employees, clients, partners and candidates are treated with dignity and respect.
- Periodically review our selection criteria and procedures to ensure that they remain compliant and maintain a system that ensures fairness.
Monitoring and Review
Our policy will be reviewed regularly and may be altered from time to time in light of legislative changes or other prevailing circumstances.
Name: Samantha Stafford
Designation: Managing Director
Company Name: Sam Stafford Ltd